If you're reading this page right now, it means that you are interested in taking piano lessons and would like to know if you are ready. You will find three different lists below for adults (age 18 and above), parents, and younger students (under the age of 18). Please find your category accordingly.
If you check off most of the items in the list you belong to, you should be ready to start lessons. Please feel free to contact us for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- I have an acoustic piano/keyboard (preferably weighted) in my apt/home.
- I can commit to four lessons a month.
- I can practice at least 2-3 hours a week.
- I am confident that my desire to learn is a source of motivation.
- I am sometimes referred to as a perfectionist, and will not quit until I achieve my goals.
- I thrive on taking on new challenges.
- I understand that while playing the piano is enjoyable, I need to practice to improve my skills.
- I understand that life happens and it is ok if I have a bad week or two with practicing!
- If my child is under the age of twelve, I will help monitor practice at least four days a week. I understand that my child will not always want to do the work/practice, but it is essential to practice in order to have fun playing the piano.
- If my child is under the age of seventeen, I will be an active parent and participate in upcoming workshops and recitals.
- I will provide a weighted keyboard for my child when starting piano lessons, and will purchase an acoustic piano within a year of lessons.
- I will be on time when dropping off/picking up my child to/from lessons.
- I will be responsible for getting new books for my child when necessary.
- I understand that my involvement is crucial to my child enjoying piano lessons.
- Should special circumstances arise (i.e. the child does not wish to practice), I will communicate the situation with the teacher and work together to resolve it.
- I will make sure there is a good practicing environment for my child at home.
- I understand that I will need to practice anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour-at least three to five days a week.
- I understand that it is my responsibility to practice, and my parents are not obligated to remind me to practice.
- It is important that I understand that I should be prepared for all upcoming workshops and recital by performing my pieces to the best of my ability.
- Although other activities are important in my life, I am ready to balance them along with my piano lessons.
- I will bring all my books to each lesson.
- I like the sound of piano and playing the piano intrigues me.
View all of our instructors