If you're reading this page right now, it means that you are interested in taking piano lessons and would like to know if you are ready. Our studio is usually the best fit for students and parents that value music education. You understand that playing the piano will lead to years of enjoyment down the road! You will find three different lists below for adults (age 18 and above), parents, and younger students (under the age of 18). Please find your category accordingly.
If you check off most of the items in the list you belong to, you are ready to start lessons and join our studio. Please feel free to contact us for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org or click on the "contact us" button!
- I have an acoustic piano or keyboard (preferably weighted) in my apt/home.
- I want to STOP guessing and really build my music foundation.
- I can commit to four lessons a month.
- I can practice at least 2-3 hours a week.
- I am confident that my desire to learn is a source of motivation.
- I am sometimes referred to as a perfectionist, and will not quit until I achieve my goals.
- I thrive on taking on new challenges.
- I understand that while playing the piano is enjoyable, I need to practice to improve my skills.
- I understand that life happens and it is ok if I have a bad week or two with practicing!
- Lastly, I know what music can do for me and it is important that I stop waiting and get going today!
- I understand that I will need to practice anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour-at least three to five days a week.
- I understand that it is my responsibility to practice, and my parents are not obligated to remind me to practice.
- It is important that I understand that I should be prepared for all upcoming workshops and recital by performing my pieces to the best of my ability.
- Although other activities are important in my life, I am ready to balance them along with my piano lessons.
- I will bring all my books to each lesson.
- I like the sound of piano and playing the piano intrigues me.
- If my child is under the age of twelve, I will help monitor practice at least four days a week. I understand that my child will not always want to do the work/practice, but it is essential to practice in order to have fun playing the piano.
- If my child is under the age of seventeen, I will be an active parent and participate in upcoming workshops and recitals.
- I believe that music is an ESSENTIAL part of my child's education and not just "if there is an interest" or "if my child has talent".
- I will provide a weighted keyboard for my child when starting piano lessons, and will purchase an acoustic piano within a year of lessons.
- I will be on time when dropping off/picking up my child to/from lessons.
- I will be responsible for getting new books for my child when necessary.
- Should special circumstances arise (i.e. the child does not wish to practice), I will communicate the situation with the teacher and work together to resolve it.
- I will make sure there is a good practicing environment for my child at home.
- I understand that my involvement is crucial to my child enjoying piano lessons.
View all of our instructors